Accessing the Website and Account Security
I reserve the right to close or amend this website, and withdraw any service or material I provide on the website, in my sole discretion without notice. I will not be liable if for any reason if all or any part of the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, I may restrict access to some parts of the website, or the entire website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the website.
To access the website or some of the resources it offers, including publications, videos and course registrations, you may be asked to provide certain information, including personal information. It is a condition of your use of the website that all the information you provide on the website is correct, current and complete.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or other identifier, or any other piece of information (“User Data”) as part of website security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this website or portions of it using your User Data. You agree to notify me immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your User Data or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your User Data or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned or licensed by me and are protected by national and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- In connection with any desktop, mobile or other applications available for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by any end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- Access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the website or any services or materials available through the website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the website other than that set out in this section, please contact me email@example.com.
The website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the website.
Any User Contributions you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contributions on the website, you give me the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
- You understand and acknowledge that I am not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the website.
However, I do not undertake the responsibility to review any material before it is posted on the website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, I assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party or for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
No Reliance on Information Posted
Information presented on or through the website is made available solely for general information purposes. I do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information on the website. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. I disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by me, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. I am not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Links from the Website
If the website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. I have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
You acknowledge and understand that I cannot and do not guarantee that files available for downloading from the internet or the website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checks to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to my website for any reconstruction of any lost data.
Your use of the website is at your own risk, and its content and any services or items obtained through the website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
I hereby disclaim any warranty, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for particular purpose, completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or uninterrupted or error-free availability of the website, its content or any services or items obtained through the website.
Limitation on Liability
In no event will I or my employees, contractors, agents, licensors or suppliers be liable for damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the website, any websites linked to it, any content on the website or such other websites or any services or items obtained through the website or such other websites, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Waiver and Severability
- What types of information (if any) may be collected from you and by what means.
- How such information may be used and shared.
- The consequences (if any) if you choose not to provide personal information.
- The measures taken to maintain data security, quality and integrity.
- How you can confirm and, if necessary, change the personal information maintained.
- Where and how to ask questions or file complaints.
- Collection of Personal Information and Its Use and Purpose
Data Storage and Transfer
Your personal data will be securely stored by and accessible to us, including affiliated organizations and technology outsourcing partners, on servers which may be located in countries with different data protection regulations than apply in your home country, for the purpose of providing information technology services on my behalf for the administration of the programs and offerings described on ther website. The data on the servers may also be accessed by us or my technology development outsourcing partners from outside your home country for system development and support purposes.
If you decide you do not wish to be informed of related products or services in the future, you will be given the opportunity to be removed from the database, and may request to unsubscribe at any time by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Demographic and Aggregate Information
In order to provide you with the best possible experience on my website, I may also collect demographic and aggregate information from online visitors who access the website. “Demographic information” is anonymous information such as age, gender and geographic location. “Aggregate information” is data about a group or category of services or users from which individual identities have been removed. Demographic and aggregate information is not considered personal information, as it does not permit the identification of an individual.
User Comments and Email
My website may invite users to provide me with their comments on my services or on certain programs. Users who wish to provide me with their comments will sometimes have the option of also providing me with their name and email address. I do not require users to provide us with such information, however. Comments provided by users may be posted on my websites. Alongside such comments, I may also post the user’s first name and last initial as well as the city and province that this user has indicated he or she is from. However, I will take measures to prevent such postings from containing any additional personal information.
If an online form or an email submitted by a user contains personal information, I will only use such personal information to the extent necessary to respond to any comment or question from such user. I will limit access to such personal information and will keep such personal information in a secure system.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
I may disclose demographic and aggregate information about users and information that does not identify any individual.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If I believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of me, my customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may send me an email at email@example.com to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. I cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
Safeguards to Protect Your Personal Information
I maintain reasonable safeguards in an effort to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information I collect. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and I cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to my website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Also, I am not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Log Files
Where and how to ask questions or file complaints